I did some rubbings on the ground to capture a concrete texture. I also tried to have a crack, but I haven't been successful with that yet.
I used a fake flower and spun it in circles, dragged it across the page, and all kinds of other things.
I also sprayed spray paint on the page using the fake flower as a stencil to create "Blossoming Graffiti".
Friday, October 24, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
At the start of this project I was thinking to myself "Oh, great. Lines.". I had no idea where this thing was going to go. Now, looking back on the project as a whole, I realize that if I can convey an emotion with simple lines this only helps me when I have more than lines to work with.
After I had my line studies complete and began working on the photos, I started to think of things that would resemble the line studies that I could photograph. Then I thought about things that could give off an emotion that would match the emotion in my line studies.
Throughout my book I kept an A-B pattern using an Anxiety-Calm pattern. My emotions are Calm, Hope, Proud, Suspense, and Relaxed. I have never produced a book like this before and thought it was pretty cool, and the skill is something I will continue to use in the future.
Posted by Richardson at 6:12 PM