Many people go from non-gamblers to addicted gamblers. People have trashed their life savings and family relations because of gambling. People go through divorce, theft, drug addiction, alcoholism, and suicide all related to (at least in part) to gambling. Money is critical to the game of poker. Betting it, winning it, and losing it are all fundamental parts of the game. When you mix money and humankind you get greed. From greed you occasionaly get some very unpleasant results. For both ametueur and Pro, the dangers associated with gambling are ever present. Understand that if you do not respect the pitfalls, you can fall into the pit. Poker is fun, but too much of a good thing can kill you.
The 12 Steps (Willpowers not enough)
1. We admited we were powerless over alcohol-that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principals in all our affairs.
The psychological symptoms of alcoholism are as follows:
* Loss of control
* Sleep problems
* The collapse of the alibi system
* An increase in failed promises and resolutions to one's self and to others
* Obsession with drinking
* Loss of interests
* Unreasonable resentments
* Loss of willpower
* Cloudy thinking
* Poor concentration
* Denial of the effects of alcohol
Social Symptoms of Alcoholism
The following represents the social symptoms of alcoholism:
* Financial insecurity
* Difficulties and arguments with family or friends
* Devaluation of personal relationships
* Blaming problems on others and on things external to themselves
* Withdrawal from family and friends
* Difficulties performing at work or home
* Legal problems
* Serious relationship and work-related problems
* Withdrawal from social activities
Spiritual Symptoms of Alcoholism
The spiritual symptoms of alcoholism are as follows:
* Dysthymia (mild chronic depression)
* Feeling useless
Hosting a party is all about gathering together friends and family and having a good time. Bite-size food is the perfect accompaniment to any party-- irresistible mouthfuls of flavor that look both tempting and elegant when served to your guests on beautifully presented platters.
These impressive bite-size foods should not be laborious or time-consuming to prepare.
Include chips, dips, crackers, pretzels, nuts, cheese, and fruit.
I also have some images to use for the mind map.