So over the weekend I conducted a few more experiments, one was such a failure I'm not even sure if it counts. I have decided to document these in order to limit the amount of stuff I need to drag with me to class for show and tell.
First I had an idea to help channel the light from the source I would construct a tube. Then at the end of the tube I place a mirror and wrote on it.
This one wasn't very cool.
I discovered the piece below on flickr. I'm not sure if the piece moves, but it made me wonder what this would be like if it spun or rotated. I also wondered about different levels of type that could each be spun much like a combination lock...
I think the material I used was way too flimsy for this experiment.
Finally, using a transparency and a flashlight I got some results. I will bring this in to share with the class.