Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chain Reaction Layout Revision

After talking on Monday with Micheal, I made some revisions to my layout. I kept the 3 column grid that I began with.

My first attempts:



























...and my second:















After these failures, I decided to go back to the drawing board. Micheal suggested that I include more imagery.

I decided that the whole layout lacked style, and looked very bland and boring, so I decided to fix it...

I found some images that went with the theme of the article and my icons and printed them out and completely trashed them. I crumpled them, splattered them with ink, sprayed them with spray paint and used sandpaper on them. I then scanned them back into photoshop and made further adjustments.

Here is my latest attempt. There were some issues with widows and a few other issues I noticed after the export which were not there before it: